CS200: Computer Science, Spring 2004
Notes: Wednesday 14 April 2004
- Monday, 19 April, 2:01pm: Exam 2
- 14-21 April (scheduled by teams): PS8 Design Reviews (make sure all your teammates show up at my office at the appointed time)
- Monday, 26 April (last day of class): PS8
- Friday, 30 April, 4:55pm: Final Exam (handed out 26 April)
Ways to authenticate:
- Something you know (password)
- Something you have (transparency)
- Something you are (fingerprint)
- Passwords: The Weakest Link?, cNet News, 22 May 2002.
- Authentication for Remote Voting, Nathanael Paul, David Evans, Avi Rubin and Dan Wallach, April 2003.
Cryptographic Hash Functions
One-way: Given h, it is hard to find x such that H(x) = h.
Collision Resistent: Given x, it is hard to find y not equal to x such that H(y) = H(x).
Using these Materials