CS201J: Engineering Software, Fall 2003
Notes: Thursday 28 August 2003
- 29 August, before section: Read through Problem Set 1
- 29 August, section: Course Pledge
- 29 August, 5pm: Registration Survey
- 2 September: Problem Set 1
- 2 September: Read Liskov, Ch 1-2
- 4 September: Read Liskov, Ch 3
Notes and QuestionsHow is engineering software like engineering bridges?
How is engineering software different from engineering bridges?
What are the main tools engineers use to manage complexity?
What are the main tools engineers use to produce reliable systems?
There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
University of Virginia
Department of Computer Science
CS 201J: Engineering Software
Sponsored by the
National Science Foundation