Yanjun (Jane) Qi
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
School of Engineering and Applied Scienc
University of Virginia
85 Engineer's Way, P.O. Box 400740
Charlottesville, Virginia 22904-4740
Areas Of Interest
Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, Data Mining, Medical Informatics
Biographical SketchYanjun Qi received her PhD in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University in 2008. After receiving her PhD, Yanjun joined Machine Learning Department at NEC Labs America as a Postdoctoral Scientist and later became a Research Staff member. She joined the University of Virginia Department of Computer Science as an Assistant Professor in 2013.
Qi's research interests are within data mining and machine learning. She is particularly interested in applying learning techniques to text, images, video and biological data analysis.
- Y. Qi, P. Kuksa, R. Collobert, K. Sadamasa, K. Kavukcuoglu, J. Weston,(2009) "Semi-Supervised Sequence Labeling with Self-Learned Feature" IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM)
- Y. Qi, O.Tastan, J. Carbonell, J. Klein-Seetharaman, J. Weston (2010) "Semi-Supervised Multi-Task Learning for Predicting Interactions between HIV-1 and Human Proteins", Bioinformatics
- Y. Qi, M. Osh, J. Weston, W. Noble (2012), "A unified multitask architecture for predicting local protein properties", PLoS ONE
- Y. He, Y. Qi, K. Kavukcuoglu, H. Park (2012) "Learning the Dependency Structure of Latent Factors", Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS)
- Y. Qi, HK. Dhiman, et al, Z. Bar-Joseph, J. Klein-Seetharaman,(2009) "Systematic prediction of human membrane receptor interactions", PROTEOMICS