[splint-discuss] Speeding Splint.

David Evans evans at cs.virginia.edu
Wed Nov 26 10:37:34 EST 2003

Sorry for the slow response.

Turning off checks will have minimal effect on performance (except for the
bounds checking which has approximiately a factor of two performance
cost).

The way to scale splint to larger applications is to use the library
mechanism so you only need to check the files that have changed.  See
	http://www.splint.org/manual/html/sec14.html

The +single-include flag will also considerably improve performance if
most of the processing time is being spent re-processing header files.

--- Dave