[splint-discuss] Moving to Google Code

David Evans evans at cs.virginia.edu
Sun Jul 15 09:43:27 PDT 2007

Andy Lester wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2007, at 10:38 AM, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
>
>> How many developers care to resolve the open issues
>> (http://splint.org/bugs.html) in the software?
>> Can its internal design be improved so that more participation would
>> be possible by other interested programmers?
>
> I realize that splint has been quiet for a while, but its value cannot
> be underestimated to projects still alive today.  A move to Google Code
> would help re-energize this incredibly useful tool.

Yes, splint has been stagnant for about 5 years now, but its great to
hear people are still using it and interested in improving it.  I don't
have any plans to work on it, and it is unlikely I'll be able to spend
the time needed to re-energize things.

I believe the only way significant improvements will happen is if
someone volunteers to lead and manage the effort.  If someone wants to
do this, I would be happy to help out getting things started and pass on
"ownership" of the code.

Any brave volunteers?

--- Dave