Conference and workshop on
Coding Theory and Quantum Computing
an interdisciplinary conference
Directions from Best Western Cavalier Inn and Budget Inn to Thornton E316: (note: all references to a map are to the University of Virginia map provided in your folder)
- Best Western Cavalier Inn is located right on the NW corner of Emmet Street (29 N) and Ivy Road/University Avenue (H4 region of the map)
- Budget Inn is located just north of the NE corner of Emmet Street and Ivy Rd/University Avenue.
- From your hotel, head south on Emmet Street, towards campus. You'll pass tennis courts and the parking garage on your left, and go under a pedestrian bridge that links Ruffner Hall (#82 on the map) and Brown College (#134).
- Just before the next overpass, turn right and go up the hill to get onto McCormick Road. When you get to the top, Thornton Hall (#90) will be right across the street in front of you.
- Thornton Hall has 5 different wings (you want the E-wing - the Electrical and Computer Engineering department), and once you're inside, it can be very difficult to navigate. So I don't suggest entering the front of the building. Instead, go around the building to the right. There is a path here. Go down this path. You'll pass the blue and white sign for Chemical Engineering (#18 on map) and the sign for Materials Science and Engineering (#55) on your right.
- Go left down the stairs between the signs for Electrical and Computer Engineering and Civil Engineering, and go through the white arch for "Civil Engineering". Keep going straight along the brick path under the white covered walkway all the way to the end.
- The doors for the Electrical and Computer Engineering building will be at the end of the walkway on your right. Enter the building. You should see a stairwell and elevator right in front of you. Go up one floor to get to the "3rd floor E-wing". E316 should be one of the first rooms you come to. There are two entrances to the room - if one is locked, keep going around the room until you find the other one.