.gz ?

From: John, dtn 293-5506 15-Aug-1994 1123 (henning@i4get.enet.dec.com)
Date: Mon Aug 15 1994 - 10:58:39 CDT

Hello Professor McCalpin,

I expect to be able to give you some data on additional digital systems
in the near future; just need to get approvals before releasing the data.

Meanwhile, I've continued to study the data you already have, but have
run into a roadblock with the ".gz" files in /bench/stream_mail.
Would you be willing to post them in ".Z" format instead?

(I gather that .gz is gnu zip? and on my DEC OSF/1 system, neither
"uncompress" nor "unpack" is able to read it.)

Thanks very much!
        /john