Re: Minor bug(?) in stream_d.c

From: Benjamin Gamsa (ben@sys.toronto.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 14 1995 - 09:21:41 CST

>>The cstream.c uses a different timing routine and
>>works fine (although it gives very different performance on our SGI
>>Indy than stream_d for two of the tests).

>Better or worse?

I looked more carefully at it, and noticed that the stream_d program
has a default N of 1000000 while the cstream has a default N of
(1023*1024). This caused the tests for cstream that had two
right-hand-side components to conflict in the cache lowering
performance significantly. Since the fortran version had a default N
of 2000000, I used the decimal N for the two programs and got
comparable results.

        ben