The McCalpin benchmark

From: Mark Smotherman (mark@cs.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 10 1995 - 16:18:33 CDT

Hello Celebrity,

If you haven't already seen them...

  D. Fenwick, et al., "The AlphaServer 8000 series: High-end server
  platform development," Digital Technical Journal, Special 10th
  Anniversary Issue, 1995, pp. 43-65.

    Table 3 on p. 63 lists results from SPEC, AIM, Linpack, and "McCalpin".

  N. Godiwala and B. Maskas, "The second-generation processor module for
  AlphaServer 2100 systems", Digital Technical Journal, Special 10th
  Anniversary Issue, 1995, pp. 77-88.

    Table 1 on p. 86 lists results from SPEC, AIM, Linpack, and "McCalpin".

Show these to your Dean! :-)

(I remember as a grad assistant to the dept. head at UNC having to track
down all the citations to work done by an associate professor up for
promotion. If you have a grad assistant, that might be worth a few
hours to ask him/her to generate a list of who has cited your work.)

Regards,
Mark

BTW, did you see the article on tiling for paging in July CACM? I can't
believe the space they devoted to it and the benchmark code!