mac results

From: Dr. Bob (docbob@netgate.net)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 02:08:24 CST

The following was obtained from a dual CPU 450 MHz G4 Macintosh. I
compiled the program myself with CodeWarrior pro 4 using your
standard code (not that mac optimized code floating around) with the
optimizations set to maximum with generic PPC as the target CPU.
Other cpu targets were all slightly slower

This system uses 8 bytes per DOUBLE PRECISION word.
Array size = 400000, Offset = 0
Total memory required = 9.2 MB.
Each test is run 10 times, but only
the *best* time for each is used.
Your clock granularity/precision appears to be 9 microseconds.
Each test below will take on the order of 21189 microseconds.
    (= 2354 clock ticks)
Increase the size of the arrays if this shows that
you are not getting at least 20 clock ticks per test.
WARNING -- The above is only a rough guideline.
For best results, please be sure you know the
precision of your system timer.
Function Rate (MB/s) RMS time Min time Max time
Copy: 237.5914 0.0273 0.0269 0.0283
Scale: 270.1106 0.0239 0.0237 0.0244
Add: 235.3403 0.0413 0.0408 0.0421
Triad: 225.9089 0.0429 0.0425 0.0431
-----
"But the whole universe is my city; the world is my local area; my
city is my home; and my rooms are my clothes. What are you doing in
my trousers?"

--Liu Ling circa 260 AD while naked