One more set of Athlon DDR platform results

From: Norbert Juffa (norbert@pbc.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 14:42:22 CDT

    John:

    The STREAM data I sent you previously for the Athlon DDR
    platform were all generated using executables optimized
    for P6 class processors. I did this so I can use these
    executables on Intel as well as AMD platforms.

    I noticed that Compaq Visual Fortran 6.5 also offers K7,
    i.e. Athlon, specific optimizations. Please find enclosed
    results from a STREAM executable optimized for Athlon. I
    notice that with K7 optimization, SW prefetching is being
    used. However, its not clear whether the improvement in
    STREAM throughput resulting from the K7 optimizations is
    due to the prefetch or due to careful scheduling for the
    Athlon microarchitecture.

    I am enclosing the executable for you reference.

    -- Norbert

     <<cvf65a_opt5_fast_archk7_tunek7_432mb.exe>>
    <<cvf65a_opt5_fast_archk7_tunek7_432mb.out>>