Up: Spices and Condiments
- Indian Name
- Cilantro is an excellent garnish as well as addition to gravy.
If using as a garnish, chop the leaves into small pieces and sprinkle it on
the dish just before serving. If using it in a sauce, chutney or gravy,
cilantro must be ground into a paste.
- For garnishing, use 5-7 stalks. For sauces, use about 1-2
- Chopped, if used as a garnish. If used in a sauce, grind
into a paste.
- Cilantro rots very quickly, so be sure to use it soon.
- Dried cilantro, parsley, mint, oregano
- If making sauces or gravy, try grinding peanuts along
with cilantro. A few mint leaves will add flavour. Add some green chillies,
freshly-ground coconut and salt to get a chutney.
Thu Dec 19 15:13:35 EST 1996