Up: Spices and Condiments
- Indian Name
- Cinnamon can be used in main course and desserts. It can also
be sprinkled on coffee. Cinnamon lends a sweet taste to dishes.
- For a two-person dish, use half to one stick.
- Ground or whole or in pieces. If ground, add directly
to vegetables or meat. If not ground, could be heated in oil.
- Ground cinnamon is much more flavour-imparting than whole or
- Cinnamon powder.
- Cinnamon is almost always used along with nutmeg for
desserts. If using whole cinnamon beware that some people tend to view
large inedible chunks in their food suspiciously.
Thu Dec 19 15:13:35 EST 1996