Next: Cumene (Cumin)
Up: Spices and Condiments
- Indian Name
- Coriander imparts a very distinctive flavour and texture to
any dish. Freshly-ground coriander is still somewhat coarse, and will
present that coarseness in the gravy or on the meat and vegetables.
- Typically, for a two-person dish, use a tablespoon of
- Freshly ground, either before or after mild browning
- If browning in oil, do not blacken.
- Coriander powder
- Celis White and Blue Moon Pale Ale are two beers that
exhibit a distinct after-taste of coriander. Coriander seeds can be grown
into cilantro plants. Cilantro leaves are excellent for garnishing prepared
Thu Dec 19 15:13:35 EST 1996