Up: Spices and Condiments
Previous: Cumene (Cumin)
- Indian Name
- Fennel is very fragrant, and quite strong. The flavour is a
- Typically, for a two-person dish, use 2 teaspoons of fennel.
- Browned in hot oil, or freshly ground, either before or
after mild browning in oil.
- If browning in oil, do not blacken. If blackened,
discard and start over.
- Fennel powder, anise seeds
- If browned in oil, add fennel seeds before anything
else because they take a while to brown. Sambhuca liqueur tastes like
fennel. Also, anise seeds taste like fennel. Fennel is a good mouth-freshener
Thu Dec 19 15:13:35 EST 1996