Class 27 — March 26
It still functions
The Magnificent – Seven problems for practice – Let’s do them today
Look both ways
- Being functional
- Mindful collaboration
- Appreciation for partnering
- Better able to convert problem specifications into working functions
- Magnificent Seven — seven functions that revisit our collective past
- Please sit somewhere new today and partner with someone you have not interacted with previously.
- Credit awarded for being part of a pair-programming team
- Credit awarded for working with someone new
- Credit awarded for being an active team member
- Credit awarded for being an effective team member
- The only apps to be running on your laptops are a browser and PyCharm. The browser usage should be limited to CS 1112 materials.
- You must use my magnificent.py for this assignment.
- Do not access any past or outside code while working on this assignment.
- Review problem set description.
- Determine primary driver and navigator roles for each of the functions — both team members must have multiple experiences as driver and navigator.
- Determine driver and navigator machines and for problem set.
- On designated driver machine download and open magnificent.py and seven.py in PyCharm. Close all other program and module tabs.
- Email partner copy of
- Submit your collaboration evaluation.
- Look over your artifacts.
- Take yet another look at function epistle
- Take yet another look at function slides
- Take another look at the Hands on Python Tutorial
- Try CodingBat – it’s batting practice for writing functions