Class 28 — March 28
It still functions
Quad exercises – Four problems for our practice – Let’s do them right now
Look both ways
- We are going to do paired programming again. If things went well, you are encouraged to work with the same partner. However, if you believe working with someone else would be better for you, do so.
- If you do not want to work in a pair, I suggest you sit in back and pair with someone else who does not want to pair.
- Being functional with lists
- Mindful collaboration
- See Spring 2018 Best in Show Art Gallery
- Review solutions for last class
- Appreciation for partnering
- Better able to convert problem specifications into working functions manipulating lists
- Quad exercises — four functions that that manipulate listthat manipulate lists
- Credit awarded for being part of a pair-programming team
- Credit awarded for working with someone new
- Credit awarded for being an active team member
- Credit awarded for being an effective team member
- The only apps to be running on your laptops are a browser and PyCharm. The browser usage should be limited to CS 1112 materials.
- You must use my quad.py for this assignment.
- Do not access any past or outside code while working on this assignment.
- Review problem set description.
- Determine primary driver and navigator roles for each of the functions — both team members must have multiple experiences as driver and navigator.
- Determine driver and navigator machines and for problem set.
- On designated driver machine download and open quad.py and quadriga.py in PyCharm. Close all other program and module tabs.
- Email partner copy of
- Submit your collaboration evaluation.
- Look over your artifacts.
- Take yet another look at function epistle
- Take yet another look at function slides
- Take another look at the Hands on Python Tutorial
- Try CodingBat – it’s batting practice for writing functions