University of Virginia Computer Science
CS216: Program and Data Representation, Spring 2006
27 January 2019
Out: 18 January 2006
Due: before 5:00pm on Sunday, 22 January
- Your UVa email ID:Make sure this is correct. Enter your UVa email ID (for example, dee2b). This ID (with @virginia.edu added) is the email address that will be added to the cs216-students emailing list. After you complete the survey, you should receive a receipt at the email address you entered. If you do not receive this receipt within a few minutes of submitting your survey, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your full name:
- Name you want us to call you (spell out phonetically if non-obvious how to pronounce):
- Anything you want to tell me that will help us learn your name
- If there is anyone in this class with whom you could not work, list their names here (email IDs preferred if you know them). You should not include any explanation of why you can't work with them.
I would like to run this course in a way that takes advantage of the honor code and places a large burden of individual responsibility on students to follow it. For example, I believe students will learn more from the course if they are permitted to work together on most assignments and expected to help their classmates learn on all assignments except exams. I would like to be able to have take-home exams, and know that students will honor the collaboration and resource rules for those exams. This depends on two things:
So, the next few questions are intended to measure how much faith you have in the honor system.
- Individuals following the honor code.
- Individuals having enough faith in their classmates to follow the honor code that they do not feel at a disadvantage by following it themselves.
- How much faith do you think we should put in the honor system for this class?:
- Do you feel you are at a disadvantage if you follow the course honor policy strictly?
- If you observed a classmate cheating on a take-home exam, what would you do?
- Do you have any other comments on the suggested honor policy for CS216:
- Major: Other major:
- How good a programmer do you think you are (relative to other students entering CS216)?
- How good do you think you are at mathematical and analytical problems (relative to other students entering CS216)?
- Which programming languages have you used:Java:
Any assembly language:
- Who is your intellectual hero and why?
- Anything else you think I should know about you?
Currently, there are staffed lab hours:If additional staffed lab hours were added, which of these times would you prefer:Sundays 3:30-5 (KJ), 5-6:30 (EG), 6:30-8 (EC)Tuesdays 5:30-7 (PS)Wednesdays 7-8:30pm (DF)Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm (EG), 7:30-8:30pm (EC)Fridays 11am-12:30 (DF)Saturdays 3-4:30pm (PS)My office hours are currently scheduled for Wednesdays, 2-3pm and Fridays, 10:30-11:30am.
- First choice:
- Second choice:
- How many of the scheduled office hours can you make?
- If you cannot make either of the scheduled office hours, what times would be good?
- Anything you want to know about me or the course?
CS216: Program and Data Representation
University of Virginia
Using these Materials