CS551: Security and Privacy on the Internet, Fall 2000
Manifest: Monday 20 November
- Wednesday 29 November, before class (or Friday 1 December, 5:00pm for early project presenters): Problem Set 4
- Wednesday 29 November: Team 1-3, 10-12 Project Presentations
- Monday, 4 December: Team 4-9 Project Presentations
- Wednesday, 6 December (before class): Project Reports
- Monday, 11 December (5:00pm): Final Due
ReadingsNo new readings. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
- Internet Firewalls - Resources from Purdue COAST
- Check Point Software Technologies
- Intrusion Detection FAQ
- Computer Immune Systems
- Counterpane Internet Security
- What is a firewall?
- A what network layer should a firewall operate?
- What should a good talk accomplish?
- How should a good presentation be organized?
- Why is intrusion detection useful?
- Why is intrusion detection (almost?) impossible?
- How do immune systems work?
- How can computers mimic biological immune systems?
University of Virginia
Department of Computer Science
CS 551: Security and Privacy on the Internet