CS655: Programming Languages, Spring 2001
Manifest: Tuesday 10 April 2001
Assignments By midnight today Progress Email on your project - send me an update describing the progress you have made on your project, any substantial changes to your project goals and plan, and any issues you need resolve. You should make sure to meet with me if there are major problems or issues to resolve with your project. Thursday, 19 April (in class) Problem Set 4 24-26 April Project Presentations Tuesday, 1 May Project Report
ReadingsNo new readings.
LinksCedilla Systems Incorporated
Peter Lee's Proof-Carrying Code page
George Necula's Programming Languages Course
Princeton Proof-Carrying Code Project
- What is the difference between partial correctness and total correctness?
- How do we prove total correctness of code involving loops?
- What is Proof-Carrying Code?
- Why is checking a proof easier than generating one?
- How to use axiomatic semantics to prove type-safety and memory-safety properties.
A program without a loop and a structured variable isn't worth writing.
University of Virginia
Department of Computer Science
CS 655: Programming Languages