September 20-23, 2000
Instructions for Authors
Please follow the Springer Verlag author instructions exactly when preparing the final version of your paper. Regular papers should be no more than 12 pages long, and short papers no more than six pages long.
The deadline for receipt of the final version of your paper is September 20, 2000, the first day of the conference. You have until then to ftp your Latex and PostScript files to ftp.merl.com, and to mail or bring two hard copies of your paper to the conference. You must also fill in and sign the copyright form (available from the Springer Verlag website) and mail or bring it to the conference.
So to summarize the author instructions, here is a checklist:
- Prepare your paper in LaTeX2e using the LLNCS style available from Springer, and using the standard header from the sample file.
- Do not use any other styles or macros, and do not modify the Springer style files.
- Include figures as PostScript or as .ipe files. To save space, prepare your figures in black and white and at a resolution of at most 600 DPI.
- Tar or zip your LaTeX file, all figure files, and the final
PostScript and PDF files. We suggest using the name of the first
author (or some variant in case of a conflict) for your tar or zip
- FTP the tar or zip file to ftp.merl.com via anonymous ftp. Put
them into the 'incoming' subdirectory. Note that you will not be
able to see the contents of the 'incoming' directory. Please email
when you have successfully uploaded your file. He will send you a
confirmation email once he has verified the successful upload.
- Bring two hard copies of your paper and the signed copyright form
to the conference.
Questions, problems or concerns?
Last updated: August, 8 2000