(You will need the project files located here)
(Update - 3/17/2003) Framework now supports ambient lighting
The objective of this assignment is for the student to implement in software the Phong lighting algorithm within the framework provided.
The student should only need to modify a small amount of the provided framework for this project. The student must implement software lighting of all of the provided models, and their implementation must meet the following criteria:
- The lighting must work for all provided models
- The lighting must support both directional and point light sources
- The lighting must support any combination of the 8 lights in any states
- The model must implement (New!) ambient, diffuse, specular, and emissive lighting
- The model must support both a distant-viewer (parallel view vector) and local-viewer (varying view vector) implementation
- Extra Credit: (New!) Implement both the standard Phong model from class, as well as mimic the OpenGL lighting model
To turn in the project once you are completed, follow these steps:
- Zip up your source files, project, and data files into an archive entitled
"ABCD_WXYZ.assn3.zip", where ABCD and WXYZ are the e-mail
IDs of you and your partner (or just yourself if you are working alone).
- Upload this archive to your public_html folder on either your
blue.unix or CS Domain home directory.
- Send an e-mail to Prof. Luebke (CC'd to the TA) titled "Assignment 3 turn-in",
containing the names of you and your partner, and a link to the file.