Several of the Legion-related papers listed in this bibliography are available on the Legion web site, at <http://legion.virginia.edu/>.
- T.E. Anderson, D.E. Culler, D.A. Patterson, and the NOW team, "A Case for NOW (Networks of Workstations)," to appear in IEEE Micro.
- Ben-Naten, Ron, CORBA: A Guide to the Common Object Request Broker Architecture, McGraw-Hill, 1995.
- F. Berman, R. Wolski, S. Figueira, J. Schopf, and G. Shao, "Application-Level Scheduling on Distributed Heterogeneous Networks", Proceedings of Supercomputing '96, November 1996.
- B. Bershad, et al, "Extensibility, Safety, and Performance in the SPIN Operating System," 15th Symposium on Operating System Principles, 1994.
- R.H. Campbell and A.N. Habermann. "The Specification of Process Synchronization by Path Expressions," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, No. 16, Springer Verlag, 89-102, 1973.
- The Castle Project, University of California, Berkeley. URL http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/projects/parallel/castle/castle.html
- Digital Equipment Corporation, Hewlett-Packard Company, HyperDesk Corporation, NCR Corporation, Object Design Inc., SunSoft, Inc., The Common Object Request Broker: Architecture and Specification, OMG Document Number 93.xx.yy, Revision 1.2, Draft 29, December 1993.
- A.J. Ferrari., M.J. Lewis, A. Nguyen-Tuong, and A. Grimshaw, "The Legion run-time library," under construction.
- I. Foster, C. Kesselman, "Globus: A Metacomputing Infrastructure Toolkit," International Journal of Supercomputing Applications. (to appear)
- I. Foster, Carl Kesselman, Steven Tuecke, "Nexus, Runtime Support for Task-Parallel Programming Languages," Argonne National Laboratories. URL http://www.mcs.anl.gov/nexus/paper/
- A. S. Grimshaw, "Easy-to-use object-oriented parallel processing with Mentat," IEEE Computer, pp. 39-51, May 1993.
- A.S. Grimshaw, A.J. Ferrari, E.A. West, "Mentat," from Parallel Programming Using C++, pp. 383-427, The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1997
- Andrew S. Grimshaw, Jon Weissman, and W. Timothy Strayer. "Portable Run-Time Support for Dynamic Object-Oriented Parallel Processing," ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, 14(2), May 1996.
- A.S. Grimshaw, E.A. West, and W.R. Pearson, "No Pain and Gain!--Experiences with Mentat on Biological Application," Concurrency: Practice & Experience, pp. 309-328, 5:4, June, 1993.
- W. Gropp, E. Lusk, and A. Skjellum, Using MPI: Portable Parallel Programming with the Message Passing Interface, MIT Press, 1994.
- D. Kuck, D. Lawrie, R. Cytron, A. Sameh and D. Gajski, "The Architecture and Programming of the Cedar System," Cedar Document no. 21, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Computer Science, August, 1983.
- N.C. Hutchinson, L.L. Peterson. "The x-Kernel: An Architecture for Implementing Network Protocols," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 17(1): 64-76, 1991.
- IBM, "IBM LoadLeveler: User's Guide (SH26-7226-02)," IBM Publication number ST00-9696, October 1994.
- J. Karpovich, "Support for object placement in wide-area heterogeneous distributed systems," University of Virginia Computer Science Technical Report CS-96-03, January 1996.
- Michael Lewis, Andrew S. Grimshaw. "The Core Legion Object Model," Proceedings of the Fifth IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, CA, August, 1996.
- M.J. Litzkow, M. Livny, and M.W. Mutka, "Condor--A Hunter of Idle Workstations," Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, 1988, pp. 104-111.
- H.W. Lockhart, Jr., OSF DCE Guide to Developing Distributed Applications, McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York, 1994.
- The Mentat Research Group, Mentat 2.8 Programming Language Reference Manual, Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia, 1995.
- G.C. Necula, "Proof-Carrying Code," Proceedings of the 24th ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pp. 106-119, Jan 15-17, 1997.
- Anh Nguyen-Tuong, Andrew S. Grimshaw, "Building Robust Distributed Applications with Reflective Transformations," University of Virginia Computer Science Technical Report TR-CS-97-26, Nov. 1997.
- B. Stroustrup, The C++ Programming Language, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, Massachusetts, 2nd Edition, 1991.
- Sun Microsystems, "The Java Language Specification," Version 1.0 Beta, October 30, 1995.
- V.S. Sunderam, PVM: A framework for parallel distributed computing, Concurrency: Practice and Experience, vol. 2(4), pp. 315-339, Dec. 1990.
- M. van Steen, P. Homburg, L. van Doorn, A.S. Tanenbaum, and W. de Jonge. "Towards Object-based Wide Area Distributed Systems." In L.-F. Carbrera and M. Theimer, (eds), Proceedings International Workshop on Object Orientations in Operating Systems, pp. 24-227, Lund, Sweden, August, 1995.
- M. van Steen, P. Homburg, A.S. Tanenbaum, "The Architectural Design of Globe: A Wide-Area Distributed System," Internal report IR-422, Vrije Universiteit, March, 1997.
- Thornsten von Eicken, David E. Culler, Seth C. Goldstein, and Klaus E. Schaser. "Active Messages: A Mechanism for Integrated Communication and Computation," Proceedings of the International Symposium on Computer Architecture, 256-266, May, 1992.
- C.L. Viles, M.J.Lewis, A.J Ferrari, A. Nguyen-Tuong, and A.S. Grimshaw, "Enabling flexibility in the Legion run-time library," Proceedings of the International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA'97), pp. 265-274. Las Vegas, Nevada, June 30 -- July 2, 1997.
- William A. Wulf, Chenxi Wang, Darrell Kienzel, "A New Model of Security for Distributed Systems," University of Virginia, Department of Computer Science Technical Report CS-95-34, August, 1995.
- P.-C.Yew, N.-F. Tzeng, and D.H. Lawrie, "Distributing Hot-Spot Addressing in Large-Scale Multiprocessors," IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. C-36(4), April 1987.
- H. Zhou and A. Geist. "Receiver Makes Right Data Conversion in PVM," Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Computers and Communications, Phoenix, AZ, 458-464, March 1995.
Back to Developer Manual Table of Contents