Part 2 - Start Shells
Start 1st shell
- Run the following command in SecureCRT window:
- You should see a new xterm window.
- By default you are using bash. If you want a different shell, run it now (e.g. csh, ksh).
- Setup your shell environment (very important!):
- Run either:
- . ~vanet/setup.sh (for ksh, sh, bash) OR
- source ~vanet/setup.csh (for csh)
- Add above line into your .bashrc, .kshrc, .cshrc, etc. (otherwise you’ll have to repeat this for each new shell).
Start another shell the same way
- Note: If you added the setup line to your .xxxrc file then you can skip the step to source the setup script.