Turn On Security
Legion systems start without security on
- Creates an “admin” user/password
- Follow prompts - type in password for admin account (a total of 3 times) - remember it for later!
- Admin is given special privileges by default
- ability to change system configuration, ownership of important classes and objects, ability to deactivate objects, etc.
- these privileges can be changed after security is initialized, but we recommend against doing so unless you know what you are doing!
- Unlike Unix which must have a super-user who can do everything, Legion does not mandate an admin user and you can configure your system such that no user can reconfigure or clean up any mess left around.
- Changes ownership of important classes and objects to admin
- Changes ACLs for important objects to a default configuration