Classes may use an outside scheduler object to determine instance placement
By default all new classes use /etc/DefaultScheduler
/etc/DefaultScheduler has the following properties:
- looks only at hosts and vaults monitored by /etc/Collection
- first checks host/vault pair on which object was last placed
- otherwise chooses random placement out of feasible choices
- makes sure that minimum placement criteria are observed - avail. implementations, host/vault restrictions…
Class default scheduler may be changed using legion_set_scheduler command.
- Scheduler may use different algorithm, connect to different information source, etc.