- The Theory
of Computation final exam is an open book and open notes take-home
exam with a work time of up to 6 hours, and a possession time
(measured between pickup/download to dropoff) of up to 24 hours.
- You may download (and print) your exam at any time during the
pickup time window between Friday 6am (Dec 6), and Tues afternoon (Dec
10). This long pickup window will hopefully accommodate everyone and
help them optimize their schedule.
- All exams must be turned in before 5pm on Tues Dec 10 at the
latest; you can turn in your exam (in hardcopy) by giving it to
Nathan, or to Professor Robins, or slip it under Professor Robins'
office door (which is 406 Rice Hall).
- As promised, the exam questions come directly from the problem
sets, and therefore this exam will not surprise anyone who has solved
a lot of problems from these problem sets.
- This exam is designed to not require anywhere near the allotted
six hours of work time.
- During the exam, please feel free to ask clarifying questions
using Email; responses will be posted to the class Q&A blog
(so please look at the class Q&A Blog
often during this exam).
- In the unlikely event that you are not able to drop off the
hardcopy of your exam, then please EMail your exam answers to both
Nathan and to Professor Robins (but please only use Email submission
if absolutely necessary - hardcopy submissions are much
Please download the Theory
of Computation final exam at your convenience.
Note: all accesses / downloads / IP addresses are being automatically
tracked and logged for this Web page.
Return to Gabriel
Robins' home page