- The Theory
of Computation midterm is an open book and open notes take-home
exam with a work time of up to 6 contiguous hours, and a possession
time (measured between pickup/download to dropoff) of up to 24
- You may download (and print) your midterm at any time during the
pickup time window between 12 noon on Friday Oct 25, and 5pm on Sunday
Oct 27 (this long pickup window will hopefully accommodate everyone
and help them optimize their own schedule).
- All exams must be turned in before 5pm on Monday Oct 28 at the
latest; you can turn in your exam (in hardcopy) by giving it to me, or
slip it under my office door which is 406 Rice Hall.
- As promised, the midterm questions come directly from the problem
Set 2 in particular), and thus this exam will not surprise anyone
who has solved a lot of problems from these problem sets.
- This midterm is designed to not require anywhere near the
allotted six hours of work time.
- During the exam, please feel free to ask clarifying questions
using Email; responses will be posted to the class Q&A blog
(so please look at the class Q&A Blog
often during this exam).
- In the unlikely event that you are not able to drop off the
hardcopy of your midterm exam, then please EMail your exam answers to
Professor Robins (but please only use Email submission if absolutely
necessary - hardcopy submissions are much preferable).
Please download the Theory
of Computation midterm exam at your convenience.
Note: all accesses / downloads / IP addresses are being automatically
tracked and logged for this Web page.
Return to Gabriel
Robins' home page