My long-term research interests lie primarily in helping computers to learn natural languages like us human. Currently, I focus on developing intuitive learning algorithms for grounded language learning and code generation (which constitute semantic parsing).
Previously, I had experiences in a few natural language processing applications. For instance, I have been working on domain adaptation for machine translation as my undergraduate dissertation with Prof. Xiaohui Ji. And I luckily interned twice at the Microsoft Research Asia in the BotSys team (formerly belongs to BDM group, now part of the KC group) where I was working on generic types entitiy recognition under the supervision of Dr. Börje Karlsson and Guoxin Wang.
- [Mar 28, 2019] Got accepted to MSCS@UMass!
- [Feb 27, 2019] I'm going to rejoin MSRA BDM group in April, happy to see my old friends there!
- [Feb 21, 2019] Got accepted to MSCS@UVa!
- [Dec 16, 2018] All MS/Ph.D. applications sent out!
- My name is pronounced as "sǣnɕə̄ŋ", like "sun sing".
- I come from Quanzhou.
- I started playing the violin when I was a little boy.
- staychan [dot] cn [at] gmail [dot] com
- sc3hn [at] virginia [dot] edu