My long-term research interest lies primarily in helping computers to learn natural languages like humans. Language is the conduit for bridging different forms of knowledge. But, by itself, it doesn't necessarily contain sufficient information. That's why I'm currently focusing on grounded language learning, especially in finding intuitive algorithms to connect language with the world.
Previously, I had experiences in a few natural language processing applications. For instance, I have been working on domain adaptation for machine translation with Prof. Xiaohui Ji. And I have luckily interned twice at the Microsoft Research Asia in the BotSys team (formerly belongs to BDM group, now part of the KC group) where I was working on generic types entitiy recognition under the supervision of Dr. Börje Karlsson and Guoxin Wang.
- [Mar 28, 2019] Got accepted to MSCS@UMass!
- [Feb 27, 2019] I'm going to rejoin MSRA BDM group in April, happy to see my old friends there!
- [Feb 21, 2019] Got accepted to MSCS@UVa!
- [Dec 16, 2018] All MS/Ph.D. applications sent out!
- My name is pronounced as "sǣnɕə̄ŋ".
- I come from Quanzhou.
- I started playing the violin when I was a little boy.
- staychan [dot] cn [at] gmail [dot] com
- sc3hn [at] virginia [dot] edu