I like building novel, interesting, useful, and robust systems. I like to deploy and evaluate their performance in the real-world to see where these systems work, where they fail, and how we can improve their performance. My research interst lies in the areas of smart and connected sensor systems, internet of things, smart buildings and cities, and applied machine learning.
Brief bio: I received my PhD from the Department of Computer Science of the University of Virginia in December 2014 under the supervision of Prof. John A. Stankovic. During my graduate study, I worked for Google as a Software Engineering Intern with AdSense back-end infrastructure team at Mountain View, California in Fall 2010.
Awards and Grants
- $1.3M grant from DOE BTO Buildings Energy Efficiency Frontiers and Innovation Technologies (BENEFIT), Human-in-the-loop Sensing and Control for Commercial Building Energy Efficiency and Occupant Comfort (DE-EE0007682), 2016. (PI: Mario Berges, CMU).
- Best Paper Award Finalist, The ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS), 2015.
- Best Paper Award Finalist, The ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS), 2014.
- Microsoft Research Software Engineering Innovation Foundation (SEIF) Award, Dependency aware Sharing of Internet of Things for Integrating Systems in Smart Homes, 2014. (PI: John Stankovic, UVA).
- Travel Grant, Google PhD Summit, 2014.
- Finalist, University of Virginia Engineering Research Symposium (UVERS), 2014.
- 01/20/18: ACC '18 paper accepted!
- 01/16/18: IPSN '18 paper accepted!
- 09/15/17: BuildSys '17 poster and demo accepted.
- 03/14/17: SECON '17 paper accepted!
- 03/10/17: DCOSS '17 paper accepted!
- 02/20/17: IoTDI '17 poster accepted.
- 02/10/17: IPSN '17 poster accepted.
- 01/27/17: RTAS '17 paper accepted!
- 07/14/16: $1.3M award notification from DOE!
- 2018: TPC of IPSN, Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Network Symposium of ICNC.
- 2017: Reviewer of Pervasive and Mobile Computing, ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems, ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks.
- 2016: Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems.