- Speaker, CRAW Graduate Cohort, April, 2018
- Co-chair, CRA Graduate Cohort for Underrepresented Minorities and Disabled Persons, February, 2018
- Computing Research Association Committee on the Status of Women (CRA-W)
- CRA-W Graduate Cohort
- ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Service Award, 2010
- Nico Habermann Award
- Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring, given by White House
- Girl Scout Woman of Distinction for 2003
- Dean’s Distinguished Lecturer, University of Texas at San Antonio, 2009
- WISE Distinguished Speaker, University of Delaware, 2008
- Gender and Race in Predicting Achievement in Computer Science, S. Katz, J. Aronis, D. Allbritton, C. Wilson and M.L. Soffa, IEEE Technology and Society, Special Issue on Women and Minorities in Information Technology, Volume 22, 3, 20-27, 2003
- An Experiment to Identify Predictors of Achievement in an Introductory Computer Science Course, S. Katz, J. Aronis, D. Allbritton, C. Wilson and M.L. Soffa, ACM Conference on Computer Personnel Research, 2003.
- Shortchanging the Future of Information Technology: The Untapped Resource, A. Balcita, D. Carver, M.L. Soffa, ACM SIGCSE Inroads, Special Issue on Women and Computing, June 2002.