This is a short introduction to get you start
and experience with Gamebox.
For more information, please refer to
What is PyGame?
- A library or a set of Python modules designed for writing games.
What is gamebox?
- A library or a set of abstract Python modules for building games,
written by Professor Luther Tychonievich.
General PyGame program structure
- Unlike typical programs where you try to avoid an infinite loop,
you intentionally make your game run infinitely (until the game is explicitly closed).
- gamebox.py must be in your project directory.
- gamebox.py must not be modified.
- Do not name your program as gamebox or pygame
- If you use any sounds / images (for your game project), the sound / images files must be in your project directory
- First game assignment
- Purpose: practice how to build a simple game
- Individual assignment
- Game project
- Purpose: apply concepts of gaming and Python programming to build a creative and interesting game
- Team project (2 members)