stream_[ds] results for HP 9000/720

From: abe@mace.cc.purdue.edu
Date: Mon Sep 30 1991 - 16:21:45 CDT

I am not an HP-UX expert -- I just happen to have access to a 9000/720
at the moment -- so I'm not sure I exploited the compiler to its fullest.
I did try some exotic optimization flags and couldn't get the results to
execute at all.

There were no man pages for any timing functions on this system (including
etime(), dtime(), mtime() or even times()). I had to use FORTRAN/C functions
that I concocted for Linpack to come up with a second(). They usually
work everywhere, because they start with a FORTRAN second() function that
calls a C function, capable of using times() or getrusage().

Vic Abell <abe@mace.cc.purdue.edu>

====================

Hardware: HP 9000/720

OS: HP-UX A.B8.05 (as reported by ``uname -r'')

Compiler: HP FORTRAN 77, Ver: 8.05

Compiler options: f77 +O3

--------------------------------------
 Double precision appears to have 16 digits of accuracy
 Assuming 8 bytes per DOUBLEPRECISION word
--------------------------------------
 Timing calibration ; time = 37.0 hundredths of a second
 Increase the size of the arrays if this is <30
  and your clock precision is =<1/100 second
Function Rate (MB/s) RMS time Min time Max time
Assignment: 43.6364 .1171 .1100 .1200
Scaling : 40.0000 .1221 .1200 .1300
Summing : 45.0000 .1620 .1600 .1700
SAXPYing : 42.3529 .1720 .1700 .1800
--------------------------------------
 Single precision appears to have 7 digits of accuracy
 Assuming 4 bytes per default REAL word
 Timing calibration ; time = 35.0 hundredths of a second
 Increase the size of the arrays if this is <30
  and your clock precision is =<1/100 second
Function Rate (MB/s) RMS time Min time Max time
Assignment: 33.3334 .1281 .1200 .1300
Scaling : 30.7693 .1341 .1300 .1400
Summing : 35.2942 .1761 .1700 .1800
SAXPYing : 31.5790 .1900 .1900 .1900