Re: Attainable Memory Bandwidth (update)

From: King M. Lee (klee@nas.nasa.gov)
Date: Wed Oct 02 1991 - 13:21:42 CDT

I enjoyed your posting on attainable memory bandwidth. I noticed
you had nothing on i860. In the summer of 1990, I did some work
on the i860. I had a DCOPY routine that effectively read and wrote
data at the rate of 12.6 million double precision words per second
which works out to about 100 Mbytes second. This was done in
assembler using pipelined loads. The results are in
"On the Floating Point performance of the i860(TM)
Miicroprocessor", by King Lee, report RNR-90-019; NAS Systems
Division; Ames Research Center; Moffett field. CA 94035.
I can send you a copy if you want.

I am away from Ames now, and it is not convenient to run you
program. If I get a chance I'll run your program and send you
the results.

King Lee