Stream Benchmark

From: Robert Bell (Robert.Bell@mel.dit.csiro.au)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1993 - 12:07:26 CDT

John,
     I have been following your stream benchmark with some interest.
A few years ago, I developed an interest in measuring the performance
of computer memory systems, and have some codes which illustrate and
measure characteristics and performance. I worked with Charles Grassl
from Cray on these codes some time ago.
     Amyway, I have just downloaded a copy of the latest summary of
the results, and have a query about the Y-MP EL 1 cpu results for the
Triad benchmark. Is the stated figure of 476.8 correct?
If so, there is a curiosity in that the 2 cpu result is more than
twice as fast, which is hard to explain. Is there a misprint, with
the true figure being 576.8 ? This would be more consistent with the
                     ^
other Y-MP EL and Y-MP results.
Thanks
Rob. Bell ( email: csrcb@mel.dit.csiro.au )

--
/ Robert.Bell@mel.dit.csiro.au |  CSIRO Supercomputing Facility Manager  \
| CSIRO Division of Information Technology, Supercomputing Support Group |