Re: TEST_FPU results

From: Bill Broadley (bill@math.UCDavis.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 06 1998 - 15:55:29 CST

> Hi Bill,
>
> Did you send me any STREAM results lately? I just trashed

I don't remember maybe the below:

Dell PII-300, Linux, gcc.

Total memory required = 91.6 MB.
   (= 27 clock ticks)
Function Rate (MB/s) RMS time Min time Max time
Copy: 188.2353 0.3460 0.3400 0.3500
Scale: 172.9730 0.3750 0.3700 0.3800
Add: 213.3333 0.4590 0.4500 0.4600
Triad: 188.2353 0.5190 0.5100 0.5300
17.49user 0.82system 0:18.31elapsed 99%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k

Pretty much finished the java version, unfortunately under ms-windows/win95
the clock is very inaccurate (I.e. 1/18th of a second) I need to add code
to fix that (i.e. repeat more times to get more timer accuracy). Frustrating
since i'm using the Java millisecond call.

We received the 16 cpu origin system haven't gotten to play with it yet.

I hope to run some multithreaded code and see how using > 1 cpu's works.

> my system mail folder and lost about 4 weeks worth of mail
> that I had not dealt with yet :-(

Bummer.

> (I then discovered that it is company policy not to back
> up e-mail! Aaarggh!)

Yeah becoming more common, you can't get sued/summoned for email if you
don't have a backup policy backing it up.

--
Bill Broadley           Bill@math.ucdavis.edu               UCD Math Sys-Admin
Linux is great.         http://math.ucdavis.edu/~bill			PGP-ok