There are several steps that must be done in the listed order
- Go to your
Applicationsfolder and run PyCharm.
Do not import settings.
- In the bottom left hand corner select
Skip Remaining and Set Defaults. This screen only appears the first time you run PyCharm.
- When you reach the
Welcome to PyCharmscreen, select the
Configuremenu in the bottom right hand corner. From there select
- In the middle left hand side of the
- On the
Project Interpreterscreen if the drop-down on the top has some version of Python 3 there, select it and and click OK.
- Otherwise, click the gear icon ⚙ and select
- In the pop-up window, on the left select
System Interpreter. Then click on the drop-down arrow on the right side. In the drop-down, pick a Python 3 if present. Otherwise, click the
...button and find where you installed Python.
- Then click OK. After a bit of time, a list of installed packages is displayed. Then click OK again.
- Now you are back on the welcome screen. Select `New Project.
- A pop-up
New Projectscreen will appear. In the
Locationfield navigate to your CS 1112 folder on your laptop and select
- Click the
- PyCharm is ready to be used.
|🦆 © 2021 Jim Cohoon||Resources from previous semesters are available.|