There are two different recommended modes which Exceed can be run in.
- Indirect: Provides a chooser window with the available servers
- Query: Connect to host directly
When there are networking issues, it is often easier to switch to Query mode to use Exceed.
To change your operating mode:
- Choose Xconfig from your Start Menu (should be listed below the Exceed button)
- If there is a password required, type in "tdsotm" (all lower-case)
- Double-click on Communication
- Choose either XDMCP-indirect or XDMCP-query from the drop-down box
- Click OK