I am interested in helping computers to learn natural languages in the way humans do. Language is the conduit which bridges different forms of knowledge. So, by itself, it doesn't necessarily contain all the information. That's why I'm currently focusing on grounded language learning, especially in finding intuitive algorithms to perform relational learning on graphs and texts.
I'm actively looking for Ph.D. and research internship opportunities starting Spring 2021. [CV]
# News 🎉
- [Nov 01, 2020] I'll be volunteering at EMNLP 2020, and presenting at COLING 2020 virtually!
- [Jun 12, 2020] I'll be attending AKBC 2020, ACL 2020 and ICML 2020 virtually!
- Program committee member (reviewer): COLING'2020, NAACL'2021
- Secondary reviewer: TPAMI'2020
- Volunteer: ACL'2020, EMNLP'2020
- My name is pronounced as "sǣnɕə̄ŋ".
- I come from Quanzhou. It was one of the world's largest and most cosmopolitan seaports.
- I started playing the violin when I was a little boy.
- sc3hn [at] virginia [dot] edu
- staychan [dot] cn [at] gmail [dot] com