I am interested in helping computers to learn natural languages in the way humans do. Language is the conduit (opens new window) which bridges different forms of knowledge. So, by itself, it doesn't necessarily contain all the information. That's why I'm currently focusing on grounded language learning, especially in finding intuitive algorithms to perform relational learning on graphs and texts.
# News 🎉
- [Jun 27, 2021] I'm moving to the Greater Seattle Area to join Microsoft as an applied scientist!
- Program committee member (reviewer): COLING'2020, NAACL'2021, ACL'2021, EMNLP' 2021, NLPCC' 2021
- Secondary reviewer: TPAMI'2020
- Volunteer: ACL'2020, EMNLP'2020
- My name is pronounced as "sǣnɕə̄ŋ".
- I come from Quanzhou (opens new window). It was one of the world's largest and most cosmopolitan seaports and a World Heritage Site (opens new window). (Interestingly, UVA is also a World Heritage Site (opens new window).)
- I started playing the violin when I was a little boy.
- sc3hn [at] virginia [dot] edu
- staychan [dot] cn [at] gmail [dot] com