I am interested in helping computers to learn natural languages in the way humans do. Language is the conduit which bridges different forms of knowledge. So, by itself, it doesn't necessarily contain all the information. That's why I'm currently focusing on grounded language learning, especially in finding intuitive algorithms to perform relational learning on graphs and texts.
I'm applying to Ph.D. programs in the U.S. for Fall 2021. [CV]
# News 🎉
- [Jan 06, 2021] I'll be joining MSR as a research intern this spring!
- [Dec 14, 2020] All Ph.D. applications have been sent out, wish me luck!
- [Nov 01, 2020] I'll be volunteering at EMNLP 2020, and presenting at COLING 2020 virtually!
- Program committee member (reviewer): COLING'2020, NAACL'2021, ACL'2021
- Secondary reviewer: TPAMI'2020
- Volunteer: ACL'2020, EMNLP'2020
- My name is pronounced as "sǣnɕə̄ŋ".
- I come from Quanzhou. It was one of the world's largest and most cosmopolitan seaports.
- I started playing the violin when I was a little boy.
- sc3hn [at] virginia [dot] edu
- staychan [dot] cn [at] gmail [dot] com