Activity — Check-in
- Make friends and think about your course project team member
- Get familiar with our course
- Verify that you have access to the course's Piazza
You have 10 minutes to complete this activity.
To facilitate your conversation, you may want to delegate a timekeeper to ensure you get to all of the tasks.
Note: you will be randomly grouped.
The team members may be different from the team you previously worked with.
Let's make new friends.
- Using the two-breath rule,
introduce yourself, share your name, major(s), the year you are in,
one (or two) interesting thing(s) about you
- You may find something unique about your team, something in common,
or something funny or awesome about your team -- be
- Refer to the course website,
work with your team, download and complete either
a crossword or
a word search
(and have fun!)
- Be prepared to share your solution to the class
- Be prepared to ask (class-related) questions
- Login to Piazza
and post a short introduction as a followup discussion in the "A bit about myself (and my team)" note.
Note: There seems to be an issue with Piazza.
If you have not been enrolled, please visit
and enroll yourself in.
- Tell us your name, your major, the year you are in,
where you are from, your career goals,
why you are taking this class, and what you expect to learn
- Tell us one interesting thing about yourself (that's probably not in your CV and you would like to share)
- [optional, but strongly encouraged] Include a picture of yourself, and embed it inline (this will help us learn your name)
- Tell us about your teams or new friends you made today
- Their names
- The interesting thing(s) about your team(s) or your new friend(s)