Class 25 — Friday October 26
Trying out a new pillow
Pillow is software — Go try and figure it out — For a thousand words
Look both ways
- Do you need a new one?
- Being functional
- Introduce Pillow for image generation and manipulation
- Being collaborative
- Module url.py
- Now provides the ability to get photos into a Python program
- Pillow is a library for creating and manipulating images in Python. Unlike the math library and others we have used, Pillow is not part of the standard Python install — you have to add it yourself.
- Pillow installation instructions are available.
- Module test-pillow.py
- Tests that the pillow module was successfully installed — a popup of Thomas Jefferson should appear.
- Program wahoo.py
- Lets you overlay a selfie with UVA orange and blue dots.
Friday night video
- Preview next class
- Checkout past artistry highlights